Skaarup's Fantasia Fudge
Ingredients½ cup butter
2 ½ cup sugar (extra-fine granulated preferred)
5 oz. evaporated milk (one small can)
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips (Hershey's™ or Nestle™)
7 oz. marshmallow cream/fluff (1 Jar)
1 cup walnuts (chopped) -or- 4 oz. bag [optional item]
1 tsp vanilla extract
Method1. Line a 9" x 9" pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
2. Place chocolate chips, vanilla, and marshmallow cream into a 3-quart saucepan (or Pyrex bowl) and set aside.
3. Chop walnuts and set aside (optional).
4. Heat milk at Medium setting until warm then add sugar. Bring to a rolling boil (Medium-High), stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Continue to boil for 8 full minutes -or- if using a candy thermometer continue boiling until the boiling temperature reaches 235°F but do not exceed 9 minutes rolling boiling total.
5. Remove from heat and add butter. Stir until dissolved (but no more than 30 seconds).
6. Pour hot mixture over chocolates, vanilla, and marshmallow cream without scraping the sides of the hot saucepan. Mix until the chocolates are melted. Add walnuts if desired. Mix thoroughly and cast into prepared pan.
7. Cool at room temperature. Chill in refrigerator prior to cutting.
8. Remove from pan, remove foil, cut into squares.
(c) 1997 T. P. Skaarup, original recipe. May be copied unaltered. All rights reserved.