Crazy Mamie Fudge
Ingredients¼ cup butter (1/2 stick, chilled)
4 ¾ cup sugar (granulated)
12 oz evaporated milk (one large can)
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips (one bag, 2 cups)
11 ½ oz milk chocolate chips (one bag, 2 cups)
13-14 oz marshmallow cream or marshmallow fluff
(two 7 oz jars, may substitute 4 cups of mini-marshmallows)
2 cup nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds, chopped -or- 8 oz bag)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp imitation butter flavor (optional)
Method1. Line a 13" x 9" pan with aluminum foil, butter the insides, and set aside.
2. Place chips, vanilla & butter flavor, about half the marshmallow cream, chilled butter, and nuts into a LARGE saucepan or Pyrex glass dish and set aside (or in the refrigerator).
3. Use Medium heat to bring the milk and sugar to a rolling boil while stirring constantly with a wooden spoon or single stem hand mixer.
4. Add marshmallow cream - fold in - the boil will stop.
5. Bring back to a rolling boil and continue to boil for 8 full minutes by the clock (start timing once all the marshmallow has completely dissolved and the boil has resumed). Use the lowest flame possible to keep the rolling boil. The mixture will expand and start to turn brown during the boil. If you get brown flakes in the mixture then turn down the heat a little and continue stirring.
6. Remove from heat and pour hot mixture over chips, vanilla, butter, butter flavor, and nuts without scraping the sides of the hot saucepan.
7. Mix thoroughly and pour into prepared pan.
8. Cool 2-3 hours at room temperature.
9. Remove from pan, remove foil, cut into squares. Store in an airtight container with wax paper dividers for up to 2 weeks. Makes about 4 pounds of fudge.
(c) 1997 T. P. Skaarup, original recipe. May be copied unaltered. All rights reserved.