Cooking with chocolate and cocoa > Chocolate fudge and truffle recipes > Truffles with milk chocolate and coffee
Truffles with Milk Chocolate and Coffee
Ingredients7 oz (200 g) milk chocolate
2 oz (60 ml) strong hot coffee, preferably espresso
4 oz (110 g) dark semisweet chocolate (45-60% cocoa)
- Break the milk chocolate into small pieces and melt with coffee over hot water.
- Whisk gently until the mixture is smooth. Let cool in the refrigerator overnight covered by plastic wrap.
- Scoop a small tablespoon of chocolate mixture and roll the truffle balls in your hands; be careful to avoid melting the balls. The size (diameter) should be about 1 inch (2.5 cm). Alternatively, shape the truffles by using a melon baller.
- Cool them in the refrigerator before coating with melted dark chocolate.
- Melt the dark chocolate over hot water and cool the melted chocolate to 95 degrees F (35 degrees C) or less but do not let the mixture harden.
- Coat the cold truffle balls by rolling them rapidly in the melted chocolate using a fork and a teaspoon.
- Place the truffles on a cookie sheet and put in the fridge until the chocolate coating is hard.
- The truffles should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Take them out of the fridge approximately two hours before serving.