Salmon with White Chocolate Sauce(European fusion cuisine)
Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients3 tablespoons butter
3 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1 cup fish broth
6 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (unsweetened)
2 oz (60 g) white chocolate (not too sweet)
1 tablespoon fresh, green pepper corns (optional)
2 tablespoons butter
2 pounds (1 kg) filet of salmon cut into 4-5 oz (120-150 g) portions
Salt and pepper
MethodMake first white sauce with white chocolate, then cook the salmon:
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- When the butter has melted add the flour and mix well.
- Add fish broth (you may use water and broth powder or cube), stirring constantly to incorporate and cook the flour.
- Let the sauce cook on low heat for approximately 15 minutes, stir regularly.
- Add lemon juice, white chocolate and green pepper corns (optional).
- Add salt to taste.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Cook the pieces of salmon for about five minutes per side until it has browned. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the salmon with rice, sauce and cooked asparagus or broccoli.