Cooking with chocolate and cocoa > Savory dishes with chocolate > Pork chops with coffee and white chocolate
Pork Chops with Coffee and White Chocolate Sauce(Cuban fusion cuisine)
Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients3 tablespoons butter
3 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1 cup broth
2 oz (60 g) white chocolate
3 tablespoons butter
4 boneless pork chops
6 tablespoons finely ground coffee for dredging
Salt and pepper
MethodMake first white sauce with white chocolate, then cook the pork chops:
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. When the butter has melted add the flour and mix well.
- Add broth (you may use water and broth powder or cube), stirring constantly to incorporate and cook the flour.
- Let the sauce cook on low heat for approximately 15 minutes, stir regularly.
- Add salt to taste.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and add white chocolate, stir until melted.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper, then dip them into ground coffee taking time to coat both sides thoroughly.
- Cook the pork chops until done, about five minutes per side.
- Serve with rice, mango chutney, fried plantains and/or bananas and white chocolate sauce.